Humour me…

I have been contemplating Nature Girl’s comment abut nudity and perversion. I think I have learned an important blogging lesson. I must be careful how I express myself. I must remember that my audience comes from all walks of life and, more importantly, you don’t all know me personally. I have an odd sense of humour, which I hope you will get to know over time.

I think my original reaction to the fact that such a high percentage of people who land on my site arrive here through the search term pervert, am I a pervert, etc. surprised me. I had to take time to reflect. My husband knew exactly what I needed in that moment, while I was sitting there (yes half naked) contemplating the question: am I a pervert? I needed to laugh!

Nature girl, sunbathing nude, posting natural pictures of yourself enjoying the very essence of life (nudity in nature) and even tossing on a dress without your panties, which I do daily fyi ~ does NOT make you a pervert!!!! Nudity is our most natural state of being. I love being naked and I honour your approach to life! I sincerely apologize if anythng I said spoke anything different to you…that was definitely not my intention, but I can totally see how you may have taken it that way. Thank you for enlightening me!

Your body is beautiful and your spirit is beautiful! Thank you for expressing yourself. My intention is to assist others in accepting their own sexual expression. Nudity is not sexuality to me. Not in the least. Well, I must now get back to sun bathing (nude, might I add)! Enjoy your day!

Namaste, Joy

1. Ruby says:

I think its great that you took the time to respond to this and explain that your use of the term “pervert” was meant only as a humorous jibe!
    You are marvelous! I look forward to your daily posts!

Thanks so much Miss Ruby Slippers!!! Joy

2. I feel a need to respond and add whatever I can to the discussion regarding the term ‘pervert’
    If you were to review the Oxford English Dictionary you will find the following :
    Pervert noun
    Pronunciation:/ˈpəːvəːt/
    a person whose sexual behaviour is regarded as abnormal and unacceptable.

The keywords really are ‘abnormal’ and ‘unacceptable’.

I think often that my own behaviour and tendancies would be classed as not-normal, but then what is ‘normal’? However I never believe it to or them be ‘abnormal’ and neither would I ever consider them to be ‘unacceptable’. Everything I do is with a love in my heart and with a curiosity with which I was born.

If being naked is not classed by some as being sexual, I would openly admit that for me it is sexual – very sexual.
    However I do know that for different people it means so many different things, all of which I respect.
    If someone were to class me as being a ‘pervert’ because I do not fit into any stereotypical norms I am indeed happy to be classed as a pervert as conforming and living a life in grey repression of the most basic of human needs i.e. sex, would indeed be the greatest sin.

I identify with the term, ‘Tantra Bohemian’ much better than ‘pervert’:-) That’s how I identify my ‘abnormal’ sexual appetite. I love, postman, that you were able to point out that, to you, nudity is related to sexuality. For me, it most definitely is not. I love the small, yet significant differences that define us! Thank you to this lovely community of dare I say ‘like minded individuals’ for this most interestig discussion! From my heart to yours, with the deepest admiration and respect, Joy

Abut…I’m such a Canadian:-)Might as well have said aboot!

4. naturegirl1 says:

Hi Joy,
    I’ve just got back from spending a few days in London with my parents (no internet!!) and I seem to have a lot of catching up to do!!
    I hope you didn’t misunderstand my comments about partial nudity and perversion! I was making a general statement about how small, unenlightened minds can find “perversion” in almost anything connected with the human body!
    I am in so much agreement with almost everything you say that I wonder if you and I were born under the same star!
    Our only differences seem to be my attitude towards involving external parties in our intimate relationships!
    By the way, my tantric massage has had to be put back another week (sigh!) due to all this family turmoil….

Hey, glad to head all is well! No misunderstanding at all! Never worry, I’m one of the most laid back chicks you could meet:-) Yes, the external partner thing works for some, but not for me:-) I was wondering if your self care would get put on the back burner:-( I am a virgo…you?

5. naturegirl1 says:

…Oh, and how is the tan coming along?!

Well, I am so pale that, if I had black hair, others might suspect me of being a vampire! I take it really slow at first, just to establish a base tan so I don’t burn…:-) thanks for asking! Joy