Bohemian Joy

The silhouette of a large saguaro stands at su...
Image via Wikipedia

Bohemian:  “a person, as an artist or writer, who lives and acts free of regard for conventional rules and practices.” Yes, sounds about right! I am definitely an artist, a writer and I have always found it challenging to conform to conventional practices…I am a rule follower, but I definitely dance to the beat of my own drum.

This year, the thought of rain, the loneliness we have felt living in a conventional community. I love, love, love the feel of Camano Island and the entire Washington state. I love the beauty, the natural environment and the people are family oriented beautiful folks.

However, as folks who enjoy home steading and alternative community, we have felt somewhat restricted and I specifically have found myself holding back….not giving into my true nature. So, the winds are blowing and the rain is coming…it seems to be time for my crew to move south!

We are starting our journey on September 9th and will be taking 2-3 weeks to travel to Arizona. We will be camping along the way and hope to do some surfing in California! Once we arrive in Arizona, we are going to spend time with family in Phoenix and then we are hoping to do some work trade stays at a couple of intentional and sustainable communities outside of Tucson AZ!

I may create another blog to cover our travels, but will continue to blog on Tantrachick as well, but possibly less frequently….We are in the final stages of preparation…and we are ordering a Soulpad Tribe to use as our family accommodations along the way! I will continue to update you as our path unfolds before us! From my heart to yours, Joy

1. P.K. says:

Have fun with your family, Joy. We recently went on a trip to Orlando, it was nice but just too much walking around the Disney and Universal Parks. My wife and I decided that next time we would just have a holiday, which involves sleeping late and the beach!

Sorry for this somewhat forward question (and you dont have to answer it if you dont like): Do you and your spouse enjoy an open, mono or poly kind of marriage 🙂

Best

Preetham

I spent 3 months travelling in Florida, but only went ot the natural spaces where there are very few tourists. I truly enjoyed the everglades! I don’t mind you asking at all. My husband and I experience deep bliss from our monogamou relationship. We are 100% dedicated to each other and, although we have discussed the possibility of an open or poly relationship, we have decided that it is not for us.

We have sruvived so much together and have such deep understanding that any other connection would feel quite superficial. That is, however, just our approach to our relationship. I honour all relationship approaches and respect each couple’s right to choose what works for them. Namaste, Joy

1. P.K. says:

That’s so nice to hear, Joy. As you, my wife and I have discussed about it too, and i have openly told her of my fantasy of being with another woman, but we kind of talk it through, and still remain just for each other. As a woman, you may not understand, but for men, the urge is really stronger!

It is a bit of a myth that men have a higher desire to be with other women. I think women are often just less open about discussing this aspect of our beings because there is so much judgment towards female sexuality. Many women have fantasies about other men, and many males have no desire to actually be with another woman. It is an inidividual choice. I had poly and open realtionships before my husband, but we together have chosen to be monogamous.

Once again, fantasy is just that! Fantasy! From my heart to yours, Joy

2. P.K. says:

Have a fun trip, Joy!

Thank you…we are in the final planning and packing stages. I am very excited aobut the prospect of having my own property to host couples for sessions!

3. P.K. says:

Joy,

Can I e-mail you sometimes, if you dont mind?

Thanks

Preetham

Of course! Email away, ask anything you like! From my heart to yours, Joy joy at shaktara dot com