You know what just crossed my mind? I was watching Dita talk about glamour, make up, etc. and i thought to myself how brave it is for a woman to be photographed with NO make up! In a society filled with modifications, make up and glam, it’s kinda hard to just be a down to earth chick…just my thoughts…I wish I could sleep! Maybe an orgasm will help? Yes, most definitely…ciao!

2. bob. says:

beautiful photo joy ,i am not a fan of make up on a woman ( hate lipstick) & i hope you sleep well!!

Thanks, Bob…I went through a short make up stage during my teen years, but then found that it didn’t work for me. I am interested o do a glam shot though:-) Just to change things up…

3. John Overton says:

Wonderful picture. Love the no-makeup. Why should we guild nature’s lily?

As for orgasm – doesn’t really send me to sleep – usually gets me vibratingly awake….. (unless one does it that “old-fashioned way” – fun sometimes!)

Thanks John…I pretty much must have at least one orgasm to sleep well…funny t different way we react to sexual expression!

4. jeffstroud says:

I love this photograph…

as a person who was in the “beauty” business way back in the day, I understand the confusion of how we use make and cloths to enhance who we are, or cover up who we are…

Thanks Jeff! Using make up o cover up who we are…interesting, I hadn’t thought of it quite like that before…I love the conversation around all of these topics. I get to hear so many different perceptions, concepts and emotional expression! Beautiful!

5. Ruby says:

So beautiful!

6. Anne-Marie says:

You are so beautiful. Lovely photo, lovely spirit, thankyou x

Thank you from my heart to yours, Joy

7. bob. says:

I am sure your glam shot will look amazing,Joy.

8. jeffstroud says:

A blog I received this morning had this to say about portrait photography:

“All portraits reveal something of the sitter, the photographer and also of us as viewers, but none reveal a whole and complete being. This is part of the enduring fascination with the photographic portrait which purports to be an exact likeness but operates more accurately as a metaphor for the self and how that self might exist in the world at a particular point in time.”
    Judy Annear, senior curator photographs, Art Gallery of NSW

I thought you may find this interesting… Here is the link to the blog! http://artblart.wordpress.com/2012/02/01/exhibition-whats-in-a-face-at-agnsw-sydney/

Thank you so much! I am on my way out the door to go to various pawn shops to see if we can find a violin for Eden. She has always shown interest, but recently it has deepened and she saved for it by baby sitting! She thinks maybe she has played the violin in other lifetimes…exciting!