What do you Seek?

I was asked a question this week…”What is it that you seek?” As I contemplated this question, I found the answer(s) very interesting. At first, I wanted clarification…I wanted to know what aspect of my life or my being was I supposed to touch base with. Instead of asking this question to the inquisitive individual, I chose to dig within and find the answer that I was meant to find.

I found it surprising that I did not have an immediate answer. There was something inside me ready and waiting to be expressed, but I had to truly listen to my inner voice to hear the answer. The following is the list I came up with…

Health – for without my health…all is lost

Family – not just blood connections, but a sense of belonging and connection with my family

Community – I am so enjoying being back on Salt Spring…the community here runs deep

Sex – not just a quick bang…I seek soul moving deeply connected sex with my longtime lover

Gratitude – this is nothing new…it is part of my life’s path to attempt to feel grateful for every moment…the scary ones, the sad ones and of course the positive ones

Expression – this is in fact something new…although it has been growing within me my entire life…I seek to express myself compassionately, yet without holding back

As a part of my quest for community, I will put it out to you. Ask yourself this question: “What do I seek?” If you feel comfortable sharing some or all of what you discover, I’d love to hear from you! I want to send out a big kiss and hug to all of you lovely people…from my heart to yours, Joy

1. Jim Reale says:

Hi Joy, I hope all is well? I would love to do a phone session with you.

Sent from my iPhone

Hi Jim, my schedule is pretty flexible..just give me a day/time and I will do my best to make it work…the most active email for me is: saltspringmassage@yahoo.ca From my heart to yours, Joy

2. Mark says:

I have been a seeker all my life, at least consciously since age fourteen. I recently went on a 3-week solo retreat in the forests around Bend, OR., in my motor-home. The answer that came to me, and is still ringing with me, is to stop seeking and to expand my awareness to appreciate what I do have. So, I am doing that, and noticing and willing to receive what is already available to me.

The outcome is that I am at peace with myself, and I am the most relaxed I have ever been. Life is good.

Divine Providence is smiling on me and I am very grateful.

Yes, the phase I have just been moving out of was similar to what you expressed…for me, I am now at a time in my life where I have to bring my consciousness into focus and work on a few things. I fully embrace your life philosophy and am so pleased that you chose to share. From my heart to yours, Joy

3. Details says:

I think all our life we seek , seek , seek, and never been pleased perhaps on what we find. Could be the reason that we don’t know our roots, and why our existance here ends at one point, and we die with a lot of questions one day..maybe…
    I personal like to analyse people, and i often saw people that enjoy life, from the minute they open the eye, til the moment they die, that’s something to appreciate i think, and that’s a good way to live life, but on the other hand, there are people who live their life just to live it, with no purpose, nothing to enjoy it…a big difference..My point here is that, we like to invent somethimes to many questions for nothing i guess. I good to know a lot of things, but some things are meant not to be known..such as why we are who we are…and many others..

4. Jeffstroud says:

Joy,

Good to see you back in action or in this case expression! Great list of what you seek! I was wondering if there is not just “one” word to what you seek? Just a thought that came while reading this blog, and the question.

I am going to get back to you on my answer!

I am Love, Jeff