A Tad Risque: Photo of Joy

The photographer I worked with recently managed to let me be me for a few moments here and there. I found that, because of his professionalism and ability to let me flow without being intrusive, I was able to find glimmers of my inner Goddess…I will not be sharing the more in depth implied nudes, but decided that I would be brave and share this photo. I gave birth to four children, am almost 40 years old, and it is winter, so I am not as active…I feel a little vulnerable sharing with you, but I will trust you to be kind and respectful…because there are so many beautiful souls in this little online community…and I wanted to share my vulnerability with you…

I am considering working in the “body art” area of photography during my upcoming shoots. This exercise is part of my body image healing work as well. Can’t remember if I wrote about it, but as a result of the challenges I faced in my childhood and adolescent I was bulimic and anorexic. I also did a small amount of “cutting” by engraving my body using a safety pin. It was both a cry for help and a sign of how dark my life was at the time..somehow, participating in these photo shoots frees me in ways nothing else does..notice that both eyes are visible? 🙂

From my heart to yours, Joy

IMG_8410

1. bob says:

A lovely beautiful photo Joy…& It’s appreciated.

Thanks Bob, have a lovely evening! Joy

2. david says:

very beautiful photo of you Joy

3. obriend1936 says:

Hi Joy,
    Yes, a very lovely photo. Thank you for posting it.

Joy, I’m wondering if you know how many of your clients follow you on Tantrachick.
    Sweet dreams,
    Dan

Hi Dan,

Thank you! You’re welcome…I hesitated and almost didn’t. I have no clue how many of my clients follow me on Tantrachick…the two (my practice and my blog) are interconnected, but completely separate all at once.

Have a blissed out day!

4. Dana says:

Joy you are beautiful!!! On the inside & outside!!! Thank you for sharing. You are an inspiriation:)

Dana,

You are all my inspiration…without the feedback and communication there would be no point, so thank you!

5. Z Campbell says:

Nice picture! Peacefull eyes. You look very ‘zen’. Beautiful.

Liked by 1 person

6. Kevin says:

Both eyes! Wonderful! I can see Joy coming alive. Almost makes me not notice the rest of the photograph. Almost 🙂 Are those boots?

You look fantastic. I’ll say lucky readers, luckier photographer, and even luckier Mountain!

Kevin

Yes, both eyes lol. And yes, those are my favorite boots! They were somehow comforting to have on when I had almost nothing on 🙂 Have a blissful day Kevin! From my heart to yours, Joy

7. jeffstroud says:

Joy,

I don’t find this risque at all! I love the idea of body image healing with photography! Photography tells no lies unless the image is photo shopped after making the body unrealistic !
    Yes I like the full on face, nothing hidden there.

Awe, thanks Jeff…I think I am going to do a body painting shoot next…possibly with some neon paints and a blacklight, not sure, but I feel breakthroughs are possible with this work. You are love, Joy

8. Rick - Bay area says:

You are a natural beauty. Paint would be interesting, but the black & white is timeless. Wow. those eyes..

Liked by 1 person

Than you Rick, very sweet of you to take the time to comment! Be bliss, Joy

9. Bob french says:

YouR inner beauty shows as well!

Awe, thank you! So sweet!

10. Thank you–beautiful article and beautiful website!

Cathy. thank you so much for your sweet and kind feedback! From my heart to yours, Joy

11. Deon says:

Hi Joy, So glad you had this amazing experience of rediscovering the little princess within you, especially when you find out that there is more than one, each with her own personality. I am a boudoir photographer and always joyfully appreciate this moment when my client discover this and sometimes it’s tears of joy for them. What a magical moment. That’s what I love about my passion for boudoir photography, that its not about the photos but the incredible journey and rediscovery and to realize that your princesses are still there, still as playful.

Liked by 1 person

Hi Deon, Thank you for sharing about your process and your beautiful photographic process. I am also a photographer. I have been taking pictures since I was a young girl. The past few years I haven’t had a camera. Mine was accidentally broken by one of my kids who is an artist, and an aspiring photographer. For some reason I have not replaced it. With so many children, it is often challenging to make your hobbies a priority, but today I am buying a digital camera for myself and a professional quality microphone for my upcoming Podcast Show! Exciting times! I am glad you are part of the journey!

Would love to have you write for my blog… ❤ Joy

Liked by 1 person

Joy@tantrachick.com shoot me off an email.

2. sinnerz13 says:

What would you like me to write?

Liked by 1 person

Something from your heart…