This week I encourage you to dive fully into breathing. Ancient cultures linked the breath directly to our life force or sexual energy. When I am working with a client who is unfamiliar with the power of breath, I see it as a lovely challenge. I aim to teach my clients that breath not only fills your body with life-sustaining energy and oxygen, it also fills your spirit and lifts your mood. When we dive more fully into our breath, our mind slows, our thoughts become increasingly positive and if we focus on it, our sexual energy awakens.
When I say that our sexual energy awakens, I do not necessarily mean that we become aroused…simply put, we become more in touch with the center of our being. I belive that at the center of our wheel of life, all aspects of our life revolves around our sexuality (our life force energy). So when we slow our thoughts, focus on our body, and deepen our breath, we become more vibrant and alive.
If you are familiar with the practice of deep breathing, I encourage you to take a few moments today and practice in the way that you are comfortable. If you are unfamiliar with the practice of deep breathing, or it is new to you, the following brief exercise may be just what you seek. Anything I share is able to be expanded by your own creativity. Give yourself permission to alter the exercise in a way that feeds your soul and works for you.
- To begin, you can either sit, lay, or stand in a comfortable position. I enjoy standing with my feet firmly planted on the ground. I enjoy sitting cross-legged and feeling the alignment of my spine. I also enjoy laying in bed facing upwards with one hand on my heart and the other on my yoni (vagina) while I breathe deep, rejuvenating breaths.
- Once you are in the position of your choice, it is nice to close your eyes and bring your focus inwards. However, it is also fine to keep your eyes open.
- This is a very intimate and personal endeavor, but it is also beautiful to share with a close friend or lover. I will assume that for this exercise you are in solitude…
- Now I will switch to sharing what I feel in my mind, body, and soul.
- I feel my right hand on my chest. I feel my beating heart. I feel the power of my yoni. I feel pleasure building in my abdomen. As i deepen my breath, my shoulders relax, the muscles in my face relax…my breasts and chest relax. A warm feeling washes over my entire body as my breath leads my focus inwards.
- If I were to pay attention, I would notice that my mind is calm, my body is relaxed, and I will feel more in touch with my sexuality, my sexual energy, my inner Goddess.
- At this point, it is nice to self pleasure, but it is also fine to simply continue focusing on deep breathing.
Beyond any deeper, more spiritual benefits, the benefits of relaxation is undisputed. Take time to enjoy yourself. For you are truly beautiful! From my heart to yours, Joy