Candid Photo of Joy

Hey lovelies,

Earlier today I happened upon another blogger’s post about body image. Her voice was strong, her related image was stunning in a candid kind of way and she seemed like a very brave woman. Unfortunately, I didn;t save her post so I cannot share it with you, but she got me thinking about my blog, my body, and my life.

So although I don;t have many words, or inner thoughts to share, my husband captured a totally candid picture of me this evening. I started my day by walking the dogs, letting the chickens out to free range, then cleaned our entire home top to bottom, cooked a lovely meal, and finally flopped down on the couch to relax with a glass of wine…that’s when my hubby snapped a picture of me.

It is a vulnerable photo with bad lighting, lol. If you look closer, you can see our dog, Nestle, my book shelves, one of my favorite paintings by my daughter (Bob Marley), and my favorite plant. If it were daytime, the view from our window would be of our tiny cabin. I am truly enjoying life on our new micro farm! I hope you are all thriving!

The feature photo is a painting I completed the other day while playing around with watercolor paints…

17619413_10208269364803693_1385433036_n

1. Tim J. says:

I never miss reading your blog and miss it when it’s been a while. All your photos are special, even this one cause they show who you are. Thanks for sharing.

Liked by 1 person

Well that is very sweet of you to say, Tim! Thank you! – Joy

2. Rick says:

Another sexy picture…

Liked by 1 person

Thanks, Rick

3. Kevin says:

Love the picture. Vulnerability is sexy. Hope to see and read more from you soon. 🙂

Liked by 1 person

Thank you! I have been working on a new direction for the blog… moved my in home office and planning on working out a plan on my vision board later this morning…

4. Bare Beach Bum says:

Great picture and keep ’em coming. Many of the best pictures are candid ones of just everyday people like us. Our bodies come in all shapes and sizes and they are all beautiful especially in their natural form.

Liked by 1 person